Robert Plotkin, P.C.
We turn to Robert Plotkin, P.C., to obtain patents on software and other computer-related technology in the United States for our clients and we have found the firm to be extremely effective at obtaining such patents, despite the complexity of the technology being patented and the rapidly-changing law governing patent protection for computer technology.
R.K. Dewan & Co.
Attorney Robert Plotkin
Attorney Robert Plotkin is recognized as a leading patent attorney in the U.S. Attorney Plotkin:
- is a recognized leader in the response to the Alice Corp. v. CLS Bank decision of the U.S. Supreme Court;
- has been cited as an expert on Alice on the leading patent blog, IPWatchdog, where he has been featured with the former Chief Judge of the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals (the highest patent court in the U.S.) and the former U.S. Commissioner for Patents;
- has enabled his clients to obtain software patents even after the Alice decision;
- is the founder of Robert Plotkin, P.C., which has been recognized as a “Go-To Law Firm for Leading Technology Companies” by American Lawyer Media;
- has nearly two decades of experience as a practicing patent lawyer representing clients worldwide;
- has obtained hundreds of patents for clients, including HP, 3Com, Compuware, Plant Health Care, Tata Consultancy Services, and M*Modal;
- is a graduate of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and the Boston University School of Law;
- is a faculty member of the Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) Annual Intellectual Property Law Conference;
- is a faculty member of the Practising Law Institute (PLI);
- was a lecturer for six years at the Boston University School of Law, where he designed and taught an advanced course in “Software and the Law.”
International Network of Patent Law Firms
Today’s patent owners require international patent protection. Our extensive, hand-selected network of leading international law firms provides our clients with the breadth and depth necessary to create, grow, manage, and enforce patent portfolios worldwide in every jurisdiction. We maintain close relationships with all of our foreign law firms so that our clients obtain responsive, effective, and efficient service, whether filing a single patent application in a foreign country, enforcing a patent in a foreign court, or selling an entire patent portfolio in a multinational transaction.
Select Network of Patent Service Providers
We have developed and are consistently improving our network of top-tier service providers for performing patent-related services for our clients, including:
- Patentability searches, state-of-the-art searches, invalidity searches, infringement searches, and freedom to operate (also called right to use and clearance) searches
- Patent licensing, sales, and other forms of patent commercialization
- Patent litigation and other forms of patent enforcement
- Patent maintenance
As a result of our network of external service providers, all of whom we carefully screen and monitor, our clients obtain the benefits of access to best-in-class resources without the overhead expense or inefficiencies associated with the typical vertical law firm hierarchy.
Contact a Boston, Massachusetts, Intellectual Property Lawyer
We welcome your questions about our law firm, and our patent protection services for both domestic and foreign businesses. Contact our Boston patent law attorney online or call 978-318-9914, toll-free at 877-451-5689, to schedule an appointment. We provide flexible in-person and telephone appointment times to accommodate your busy schedule. Each new client receives a complimentary 30-minute consultation.